Sunday 3 August 2014

Worms are hard to catch. ...amongst other things

It rained for most of the afternoon and into the evening today.  A sad thing for a summer day but not if you have the very serious business of worm catching to get to. My Dad has always taken an interest in worm catching, I'm not sure why. We don't often fish and even if we did we wouldn't eat anything that we caught. But it's something that Jack and my Dad can do together after Max goes to bed so who am I argue? So off they went with their flashlights into the dark foggy night. Just a quick side note. ..it's really dark here, like pitch black and things russel in the bushes and trees,  it's  creepy. I went out with them thinking, really, how hard can it be to catch a worm?  I have mastered catching frogs already,  even the little teeny toads we keep finding in the grass are no problem.  We found a salamander that was very content to sit in my hand, until it peed on me which I took as a sign to put it back where I found it. I've even caught a snake...just to show the boys it was no big deal. In real life though, it freaked me the heck out (shivers). Back to the worms. They're really hard to catch!  We caught 1! By we, I mean my Dad...the guy that is all about catching worms. We found tons but for invertebrates that have no eyes or ears or noses man those things can feel you coming.  I got my hand on one or two of them but they are stong little suckers. Moral to the story...we cannot be relied upon to find worms to use as bate to catch fish in the zombie apocalypse.  I have be given the task of finding proper worm catching techniques. Until next time! Happy worm hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment